Monday, June 27, 2011

Goodwood FoS 2011 - preview

I'm ridiculously excited about the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Squirming-around-in-my-chair excited. I attend a lot of motorsport events, meets, shows and suchlike, and the FoS is by far the most varied and fascinating weekend on the calendar; the diversity, the atmosphere, the way you can get so close to cars and drivers alike... it's magical. This year will be my seventh consecutive visit, and it's bound to be bigger and better than ever; the fiftieth anniversary of the E-Type will be celebration enough in itself, and no less important is the half-century of the Renault 4. Also featured will be the Indy 500 centenary - with bricks from The Brickyard having been laid specially at the start of the hillclimb - as well as a variety of current and former F1 drivers, the usual dazzling array of classic Touring Cars, rally cars, hot rods, vintage racers and everything else a petrolhead could wish for.

Appetite whetted? Here, enjoy a few snaps I took at last year's FoS. I'll report back soon...

































No comments:

Post a Comment