Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kintex "My Car Show" + Highway Fun + Dinner

I visited the "My Car Show" (which is actually the name... very creative...) and it was a great chance to see the modifying automobile scene in Korea. Its never as good as some of the shows held in for example Japan or the States, but I didnt come out disappointed. I also went in as an international visitor so I didnt have to pay.
I only took shots of cars that really took my eye, some cars were just... horrendous. Just think 1995 when ebay exploded with replica parts from China.

This is a Hyundai Tibouron Drag car. I didnt really car much for anything other than the gorgeous screamer pipe and exhaust. A/R .70



An orange R34 with a T88. Pictures dont do any justice on how actually huge this turbo is.

The Orange Skyline from K'z Racing. Im not a fan of the painted Nismo wheels.


The really really wide Supra. Work Meisters that could fit a whole family of midgets... Again not a fan of the custom flares, but it was really really wide.

The Samsung SM7. Or should I say the KDM Nissan Maxima? VIP styling was a big one this event.

Another SM7.

This is more like something I'd like. A 180SX with huge flares and Work Meisters. I loved the headlights as well, if you noticed, its a Nissan Cima / President / Infiniti Q45 headlights. Little micro projectors.


Models are a hit everywhere they go. I found Korean models a bit more pleasing to the eye.

One of our friend's cars whom we came to vote for. A guy from LA. Its on airbags. I dont really like the Veilside rims, and I think he should have kept his old set, which were really really wide Work VS-KF. Never was a fan of Korean Domestic cars, but in combination with Japanese parts, they arent too bad.


I dont even know what this car is called. Its Korean Domestic for sure but I think I was more captivated by the wide wheels.

One of my favourites of the show. Junction Produce Hyundai Grandeur. JP OZ Scara wheels are hot stuff.

A spoilerless R34 Vspec. It was packing 2 GT45s. I really like spoilerless cars.

Honda fit with... graphics that strangely reminded me of someone. hahaha.
After the show... This is a Korando. We were just rounding up the guys who were coming for dinner. Im not too sure about the looks, but it is packing up a very large turbo with a straightpipe that puts black pollution on any car that it flys by.



Another one of friend's. I really liked the carbon rear... bonnet. I think the car show was better in the parkinglot...?

C63 AMG was also joining us for a little highway showdown. This car is rediculously fast and loud.


The late comers. Hardtop TT GTO.


Hyundai Tiburon. Garrett T3. Its pretty quick.

575 Maranello. Notice all the swirls on his paint. I should give him a tip or two about washing cars.


We finished off dinner which was... gamjatang, then went to cruise... or more like race on the highway. We met up with a Gemballa GTR750, and gave a good run for the money in the Ferrari. We still lost though. I really enjoyed the aspect that you can have a little more automotive freedom on the roads.
Certainly a whole differnt aspect of car culture here in Korea. Turbo cars are a common place, and you can bet that every modified tiburon is packing a turbo with 300whp.
Mainly its because the labour costs are cheap cheap compared to Canada. Whatever my next car will be, it will be definatly turbo. I dont think I can ever get in a slow NA car again.


No comments:

Post a Comment