Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dude builds a talkbox from an amp, a plastic bowl and some stickers




This page is a wonderful account of one man's twenty year quest to build himself a talkbox* to recreate Zapp's 'More Bounce to the Ounce': "The first time I heard that computer voice come out of my mouth, I almost cried tears of joy. I called everyone and explained that I’d finally gotten a Talkbox. Whether they wanted to hear it or not I demonstrated the sound until they either hung up or became irate."

Alongside full instructions on how to build yourself a talkbox, there's a 'Top 20 Dopest Talkbox Songs', including The Eagles, Peter Frampton, Nazareth and Dr Dre. Then there's the 'Top 7 Worst Talkbox Songs', including Bon Jovi, obviously.
*The coolest and least hygenic guitar effect ever, which pumps the guitar/synth sound up a rubber tube, into your mouth, and out to a microphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment