Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ducati Diavel



SuckSqueezeBangBlow doesn't usually feature bikes, but this one piqued my interest. I'm a big fan of the Ducati brand (I used to think of them as the Ferrari of the bike world but they're more ubiquitous than that - maybe Maserati?), and sometimes like to press my nose up against the window of the dealership that just happens to be a few doors down from my house. Everything about the design language speaks of quality and style - they're as much works of art as they are tools.

Given that a Ducati is, generally speaking, a lightweight precision instrument, the Diavel rather took me by surprise. Where other Dukes are scalpels, this is a sledgehammer. It comes with a 1200cc twin producing 162bhp and, despite its lightweight cats, elliptical throttle bodies, straight-cut gears and carbon-fibre bangles & baubles, you can't escape the fact that it's a bit of a bruiser.

I kind of love it... but can't help feeling that I shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment